Every Week, Everyone Competes, Everyone gets involved
New for the 2019 Series
The 2019 Club TT Series will commence on Thursday 11th April 2019 at Teddington Village Hall with the new series starting on the K39 / 8 course (please look at the TT Calendar for further events). I hope this series will prove popular and we will not be blighted by roadworks like last year! We will be offering 8 mile, 10 mile, 16 mile events this season with a 25 mile Inter-Club event with Gloucester CC.
I hope this series will be well supported and look forward to seeing you all, and lets see what club records will be broken!
Gary Rickards – TT Captain.
Mobile – 07887 400239
The calendar will show all the events for this year:
- Details of all our events are on our events page, so please review and familiarize yourself with the course and HQ location. We hope to run a 16 mile course, and details will be added in due course.
- Velo Vitesse organise events alongside our club as part of the league calendar. This we welcome and we encourage any other clubs reading this to also get involved and host an event.
- We have interclub TTs with Gloucester Cycle Club and Winchcombe Cycle Club. Everyone is free to enter these, not just members of these clubs. If you are not a member of a CTT Affiliated Club then for an extra £1 you can be a C&CCC day member for the event.
- We have a calendar of flat events running until the 8th August 2019.
- A 3 week Hill climb series will commence from Tuesday 13th August but will consist now of 6 events over 3 weeks, finishing on the 29th August 2019. Please note that we will also offer £20 prize money to the winner of this series.
As usual, we need volunteers to help run the events which will involve putting out signs, marshaling and pushing off (though this can be done by a rider setting off last). All regular riders are expected to volunteer and help, and by doing this they also qualify towards the club annual trophy awards in December. Check out the event calendar and volunteer rota and email or text Gary to reserve your slot.
The league format will have 4-5 Divisions depending on entry levels, with riders placed into a division based on their ability against the clock.
We hope this format promotes competition. Competitors of similar ability compete against each other, irrespective of their age or gender. If you are a 75 year-old who regularly achieves 27 mins, you will compete against any other riders posting similar times.
The full league rules can be seen on the Rules page.
General Competition Information
- Check out the Courses tab for all the events. Please note, we use the Teddington Village Hall as HQ for 5, 8 and 10 mile competitions and will use Dumbleton Club (Note not the Dumbleton Village Hall used during 2018) for the new U715 Course ONLY – Dumbleton Village Hall HQ, Access and Parking (Final) Teddington Village Hall
- Entry is £6 per rider + £1 if you are not with a CTT affiliated club. Please note that the CTT raised their levy fees from the 2.01.19 by £1 / entry, which has been passed on to riders. Entry is on the night. You must be at least 14 years old and U18s Parent, must have a completed and signed the clubs parental consent form, otherwise they cannot enter. See the rules.
- Sign-on opens at approx 6.00pm, closes at 6:40 pm for the Teddington Village Hall and all events start at 7.01pm for the 5 mile, 8 mile and 10 mile U706 Courses only. Currently the Sign-on at the Dumbleton Club HQ opens at 6:15 pm and closes at approx 7:10 pm. The HQ is hired until 9:15 pm.
- The time keepers determine the number of competitors entering on the day on a first come / first serve basis and this will generally be based on the weather conditions and natural light levels- please respect their decisions. For the new U715 Course there is maximum entry level of 45 competitors during April, May and August, with this quantity extended to 60 during June and July only, based on natural Civil Twilight hours.
- Anyone can enter and race in our Events. If you intend to ride regularly, you will be expected to help run at least one event, and to qualify for Prize money or a Trophy, the competitor must have helped at ONE competition. See the rota to volunteer
- Information on the events is provided further down this page.
- A rear flashing red light on your bike is strongly recommended.
- When signing on to enter an event, please use CAPITAL LETTERS for your full name, so this is recorded and spelt correctly. Please also just provide your ‘Year of Birth’ as DOB is no longer required. Please ensure you have read and understand the course risk assessment, which will also be available at the signing on desk. Any queries, please ask. In addition, the clubs First Aid Box will be at hand with an accident book, just so competitors are aware – hopefully it will never be used!
- When you reach the Lay-By for the start you must stay off the road and only stay within the Lay-By. When you start you only go onto the road when it is SAFE to do so. The Lay-By is long so you have time to manoeuvre.
- Competitors must ride on the left hand side of the road and try and avoid wandering into the middle and right hand side of the road unless overtaking or right hand turns. Competitors must ride entirely alone and unassisted and MUST NOT ride in company (in a solo competition) or take shelter from other competitors or vehicles (commonly known as drafting) in accordance with CTT Regulations.
- Competitors are reminded that when they cross the ‘Finish Line’ they shout out their race number to the time keeper.
- After finishing the event, competitors need to return their race number to HQ and they can also obtain their time, once the time keeper has returned. Please do not stop and see the time keeper
- Please note that the TT Race Captain will be regularly competing in these club events and therefore, if he is not around to help resolve a query or problem please ask for Graham Steer, who will try and help. Graham will also collate and pass on information to me, so I can later assist as necessary.
When you have finished your ride
DO NOT ASK THE TIME KEEPER FOR YOUR RESULT OR HANG AROUND THE FINISH AREA.
- Please return direct to the HQ.
- You can collect your result when you return your race number from the village hall, once the last competitor has finished or later from our website.
- These requirements are for safety reasons and to allow the time keeper to not be distracted.
- We offer complementary Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Chocolate & Biscuits, so please stay back and have a social chat and winners have bragging rights!
Any questions? Contact Gary
A Marshals role is as follows:
- Their job is simply to have a presence on a roundabout to increase awareness for competitors and vehicle drivers.
- They should simply point the direction of travel to the competitor as they approach, using the red flag.
- It is up to the competitor to check whether the road is clear – do not rely on the marshal to do this for you. Please follow the Highway Code.
- Marshals are not allowed to stop traffic or attempt to.
- All Marshals wear a tabard
Check out the TT Calendar page tab for more information on helpers and the task details are on the course details page.
10 Mile Courses
The HQ at Dumbleton Club for the U715 Course (NB this is not the Dumbleton Village Hall we held our 2018 events at) DRAFT WORDING
Check out the Courses Tab page for specific information on the course route.
The new U715 Course will be held at Dumbleton Village Club, Golden Hay, Main Street, Dumbleton, Evesham, WR11 7TH. Bikes and vehicles can be parked in their large car park. Turbo Trainers are permitted but please ensure they are close and behind the owners vehicle, away from the access road, and do NOT block drive ways etc.
The main pedestrian access is at the front of the building the building. Just enter the doors and turn left opposite the toilets into the room. We have access to the toilet areas and in the room there is table / chairs for signing on and hot water boiling facilities. There is also a bar for after the event should you need alcohol to dampen the pain!! Please do NOT use the main hall unless accessing the bar.
C&CCC will be providing Free Complementary Tea and Coffee for competitors, Time Keepers and club officials, but please keep the room tidy and put used cups etc. in the waste bag provided or leave at the collection point for the dishwasher.
Below is an aerial Plan of the Village Hall and access routes around it. Please be respectful of the neighbours and also be aware that the Village Hall Secretary lives opposite on Dairy Lane, so any nuisance, he will hear about!
The Lab-By on the A46 for the race start is approximately 1.8 miles from the Dumbleton Village Hall and when you leave the village hall just turn left onto the Main Street and follow the road to the A46 junction. At this junction there is excellent vision in both directions and you must apply extreme care crossing the A46 (please ensure you have read the course Risk Assessment Rev 4) and just go north, past the start on the opposite side of the road, to the Lay-By on your carriageway. Pull in here and when safe cross the A46 and return south bound to the Lay-By and the start position is directly opposite the first Blue ‘No Tipping’ sign. ANYONE SEEN TURNING OR WARMING UP ON THE A46, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE COMPETITION. Warming up can either be done from turbo trainers by the HQ or by turning right when leaving the HQ on the Main Street and using the ‘B’ roads.
Below is a map route from Dumbleton Village Hall to the start location, which also clearly shows the loop back from the Lay-By used to cross the A46.
The U715 Course is provided below, and must be read in conjunction with the Risk Assessment Rev 4, also provided.
When competitors finish the race, they return via the B4078 and turn right onto the unclassified road, sign posted to Dumbleton. Please ensure competitors when crossing the B4078, do not hinder competitors who are racing towards the finish line. Dumbleton Village Hall is approximately 2 miles from the Finish Line.
The HQ at Teddington Village (link to map) for the K39 / 8, 2 x K39 / 8, U706, U706B, U706R Courses. Please be very considerate when parking
- Only park in the green shaded areas on the map below
- Please leave passing spaces between the car in front of you when parking in the lanes – long lines of closely parked cars are awkward for passing traffic
- Please be considerate when getting changes in or near you vehicles – don’t put on a striptease! This is a serious request! The village hall is more than suitable for getting changed.
- Let the organiser know of any issues.
8 Mile Event
Remember NO ‘U’ turns on the B4077 on the course and at the start you form an orderly line on the estate road within the bollards, and you DO NOT move forward if a vehicle on the B4077 is in close proximity.
For further details please refer to the ‘Courses’ page tab.
25 Mile Events
Detailed map: https://goo.gl/BJFHMA
The HQ is at Isbourne Industrial Estate, off B4632 0.5 mile north of Winchcombe. Please park considerately on the roads of the estate.
Sign on opens from around 6pm. First rider is off at 19.01.
As is usual now, please head straight back to the HQ after you finish and do not bother the time keeper.
Check out the ‘Courses’ page for additional information
Reverse 10 Mile Course
The Reverse 10 runs from Toddington to Teddington and back (rather than the other way around).
Here is what you need to know:
- The HQ will be at Isborne Industrial Estate, the one we use for the 25 mile TTs. Do not go to Teddington Village Hall or the Orchard Industrial Estate.
- The start is just south of the Toddington Roundabout. There is not much room here and the waiting area is quite compact. Please don’t arrive at the start more than 5 minutes before you start time. There will be a marshal here to keep things orderly!
- You will do U – turn at the large roundabout at Teddington. There will be marshals present.
- The finish is on just after you pass the Orchard Industrial Estate, which will be on your left hand side
- As ever, please remember that it is you must obey all traffic laws and give way at junctions and roundabouts. The marshals cannot provide any assistance to you.
- Here is a link to the course: https://www.strava.com/routes
Check out the ‘Courses’ page for additional information
5 mile events
The start is outside Toddington Village Hall. The HQ is at Teddington Village Hall. Careful not to get these the wrong way around!
The finish is the same as the one for the 10 mile events – just before Teddington Hands Rounabout.
We will ask you to
- not perform any kind of U-turn near the start area. Please go up to the roundabout at Toddington to turn round and get to the start.
- not to warm up on the course once the event has started.
Check out the ‘Courses’ page for additional information