Time Trial League Rules
Entry is £6 for adults, £7 for a C&CCC Adult Day Member and £3 for under 18s (Youngest age 14 years old).
All entrants must be a member of an CTT Affiliated Club – see http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Clubs. The Day membership to C&CCC is available for riders who are not already in an affiliated club, or a member of C&CCC. Please download the clubs Day Membership Form and submit while entering the event: TT Day Membership 2019
We strongly recommend all riders fix a flashing red rear light to their bike and wear a hard shell helmet which conforms to a Internationally accepted safety standard. Competitors 14 – 18 years old must wear a helmet, and their Parent have signed and submitted the CTT Parent Consent Form. Please use the following link (there will be limited copies on event day) to download and complete ready to hand over, while entering the event : CTT Parental Consent – (Club Events) (PDF)
- All riders will be entered into their appropriate division but to qualify for the division Positions 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and qualify for the Prize Money, they also need to have helped at ONE event
- The Prize Money for each division of the 2019 Series will be awarded at the end of the series on 29th Auguest and are as follows:
- 1st £40
- 2nd £30
- 3rd £15
- For 2019 we introduced a £20 award for the winner of the Hill Climb Series, which extended to 3 weeks. This proved popular and therefore, we will offer the same for the 2020 season.
- The ‘Overall Winner’ of the TT League (Division 1) and the Hill Climb Series will need to have also helped at ONE event and be a C&CCC Club Member. These winners will both receive an engraved Trophy (min height 150mm), presented at the C&CCC Christmas Award Presentation evening.
- There will initially be 5 points based divisions: A, B, C, D and E.
- Riders will be placed provisionally in a division based on their 10 mile personal best times from last season on the C&CCC course U706 & U715, as shown on the 10 mile Scratch League result page.
- Division A is for competitors faster than 23 minutes 30 seconds
- Division B is for competitors faster than 24 minutes 30 seconds
- Division C is for competitors faster than 26 minutes
- Division D is for competitors faster than 28 minutes 30 seconds
- Division E is for all other competitors
- Any rider without a PB from the last season will be given an assumed PB based on the judgment of the TT Captain from their first results on either the U706, and the U715, raced during the 2019 season.
- Division assignments will be reviewed after approximately SIX races to ensure the riders are in their appropriate division to ensure fair competition.
- A rider may be moved to a different division at any time during the season if, for example, they switch from a road bike to TT bike resulting in a step change in times. The rider must however, notify the TT Captain or his elected representative on any major changes, before the competition event.
- Points in each event will be scored as 10 for fastest rider in each division, then 9 for second, 8 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, 6 for 5th, 5 for 6th, 4 for 7th, 3 for 8th, 2 for 9th and 1 for 10th.
- Riders will stay in the same division for the duration of the season (unless item 7 above applies) even if they record a time faster than the division qualifying times.
- Each riders 10 best performances count towards the divisions points, where ‘best’ means most points scored and remember to qualify for the Prize Money, they must also have helped at One event (if there is a situation where there are too many helpers for events available, then the TT Captain will record the competitors name and that they have been willing to help at an event) in either the TT races or the Hill climb events.
- Should there be a situation where the TT Captain has had to cancel at least FOUR events over the TT league Series, because of a lack of obtaining voluntary Marshals / helpers or obtaining the required amount of time keepers, (this excludes road works or other incidents on the public highway outside of the clubs control) then the League Series will be cancelled, and the only activities planned will be the Hill Climb Series on the programmed dates.
- For the six hill climbs the top 10 finishers are assigned points from 10 to 1. The winner of the Prize Money for the Hill climb league will be the rider with the highest total points from their TWO best events (they are not required to help). The Winner will receive £20, but the Overall Winner will also need to be a C&CCC Member and will receive an engraved Trophy (minimum height 150 mm) at the C&CCC Christmas Award Presentation. If the winner is not a member of C&CCC then the club member with the highest total points from their two best events will qualify.
Under 18 Riders
All U18 riders must submit a parental consent form which will cover all events for that season – CTT Parental Consent – (Club Events) (PDF)
The minimum age for participation is 14.
You must wear a hardshell helmet with an Internationally accepted safety standard.
Please ensure the Parent or Guardian for the young rider has completed the form and handed in when signing on for the event. There will be a limited number of forms on the event day.
General Rules (Text from sign on sheet) (To be updated)
The event is being run for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations as shown in the current Handbook and on their website. Competitors declaration:
- I am conversant with such Rules and Regulations and undertake to abide by them and to participate in the Drug Testing Programme whenever required to do so.
- I am at present not under suspension by Cycling Time Trials or any organisation with which Cycling Time Trials has an agreement.
- I accept the decision of the promoter in all the matters concerning the event and my participation in it subject to such rights of appeal or review as may be provided for in the Rules and Regulations of Cycling Time Trials.
- I understand that the event is held wholly or in part on public or private property or the public highway. That I participate therein at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the property owner or anyone devolving an interest in the property there under, the promoting club, its officers, officials, helpers in the conduct of the event, Cycling Time Trials or any club affiliated thereto or any member of such club or any injury loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event howsoever such may be caused and whether by negligence or otherwise.
- I confirm that I will observe the particular rules and conditions of this event of which I have been informed.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE START SHEET AND/OR DISPLAYED AT THE SIGNING-ON POINT. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT CYCLING TIME TRIALS RECOMMENDS THAT I WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD, AND THE USE OF A REAR FLASHING OR CONSTANT LIGHT WILL BE FITTED TO MY BIKE AND WILL BE OPERATIONAL FOR THE EVENT.
U-Turns MUST NOT be made within sight of the Timekeeper and prohibited on the A46 while going to the start line, while riding on the U715 Course.