Club road racers and testers are firmly in close season now and may even be thinking about training for next year. The Cyclocross season is just getting going, and the club have already put on a round of the Western CX League in Pittville Park (massive to thanks to Paul Meyer and his team). The annual awards night is on 29th November at the club dinner and Xmas party – hope you can make it.
For some of us, it’s also a time for planning for next year. We have the following things to report:
- We will be re-vamping the Thursday night time-trials for 2015, with a new competition format that will include competitions for vets, seniors and juniors/youths, with separate categories for males and females. There will also be a new system for volunteering at these events. We will be setting the calendar soon – please let me know if you have any suggestions.
- The open time trial will on March 29th, using a new course that goes from Daglingworth, up the A435, u-turn at Seven Springs and finish by Perrotts Brook. There will be a road bike only category which we hope will drum up some entries from the wider club – this means you!
- We are looking for a traffic free venue suitable for coaching younger riders and perhaps put on some circuit races
- We will continue to promote cyclocross racing at Pittville Park and up at Chedworth Farm
- The dinner comes is too early this year to hand out the cyclocross trophies, and the committee are thinking about another event in the new year.
- We may well be running the Julie Andrews again.
- Harry Lawrence will be putting on another trip to Newport Velodrome – details to follow.
I won’t promote the club road race next year in order to focus on time trial series, so if any of you fancy promoting this fantastic event, please let me know ASAP. The event is straightforward to run. I can give you all the contacts, paperwork and materials from the last two years which will save you a lot of effort.
That’s all for now,