Entry is £5 for adults and £2 for under 18s.
All entrants must be a member of an affiliated CTT club – see http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Clubs. Day membership of Cheltenham and County is available for £1 if you are not in an affiliated club.
We strongly recommend all rider fix a flashing red rear light to their bikes and hard shell helment which conforms to a recognised safety standard. Under 18 riders must wear a helmet.
- There will be 5 points based leagues, named A, B, C, D and E.
- Riders placed in a league based on their 10 mile personal best from last season on the CCCC club course (UC706).
- League A is for riders faster than 23 minutes 30 seconds
- League B is for riders faster than 24 minutes 30 seconds
- League C is for riders faster than 25 minutes 30 seconds
- League D is for riders faster than 27 minutes 30 seconds
- League E is for all other riders
- Riders will stay in the same league for the duration of the season, even if they record a time faster than the league qualifying time.
- Any riders without a PB from the last season will be given an assumed PB based on the judgment of the timekeepers.
- The timekeepers reserve the right to move a rider to a different league during the season. For example, switching from a road bike to TT bike will likely cause a step change in times, so the rider may be moved to a different league to reflect this. Riders can also request to change leagues, which will be decided on by the timekeepers.
- Points in each event will be scored as 10 for first fastest rider in each league, then 9 for second, 8 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, 6 for 5th, 5 for 6th, 4 for 7th, 3 for 8th, 2 for 9th and 1 for 10th.
- Points will be scored in all events except for hill climb events. A separate competition structure will be developed for the hillclimbs.
- Each rider’s 10 best performances count towards the league, where ‘best’ means most points scored.
Under 18 Riders
All U18 riders must submit a parental consent form which will cover all events for that season – ConsentFormClub.
The minimum age for participation is 14.
You must wear a hardshell helmet.
General Rules (Text from sign on sheet)
The event is being run for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations as shown in the current Handbook.
I am conversant with such Rules and Regulations and undertake to abide by them and to participate in the Drug Testing Programme whenever required to do so.
I am at present not under suspension by Cycling Time Trials or any organisation with which Cycling Time Trials has an agreement.
I accept the decision of the promoter in all the matters concerning the event and my participation in it subject to such rights of appeal or review as may be provided for in the Rules and Regulations of Cycling Time Trials.
I understand that the event is held wholly or in part on public or private property or the public highway. That I participate therein at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the property owner or anyone devolving an interest in the property there under, the promoting club, its officers, officials, helpers in the conduct of the event, Cycling Time Trials or any club affiliated thereto or any member of such club or any injury loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event howsoever such may be caused and whether by negligence or otherwise.
I confirm that I will observe the particular rules and conditions of this event of which I have been informed.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE START SHEET AND/OR DISPLAYED AT THE SIGNING-ON POINT. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT CYCLING TIME TRIALS RECOMMENDS THAT I WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD.
U-Turns NOT must not be made within sight of the Timekeeper