Entry is £5 for adults and £2 for under 18s (Youngest age 14 years old).
All entrants must be a member of an affiliated CTT club – see http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Clubs. Day membership of Cheltenham and County Cycling Club is available for £1, if you are not in an affiliated club.
We strongly recommend all competitors fix a flashing red rear light to their bikes and wear a hard shell helmet which conforms to a Internationally accepted safety standard. Competitors 14 – 18 years old must wear a helmet.
- All competitors will be entered into their appropriate division but to qualify for the division Positions 1st, 2nd and 3rd, they also need to have helped at ONE event.
To be the ‘Overall Winner’, of the League they need to have helped at ONE event but also be a member of C&CCC.
- The Prize Money for each division of the 2018 Series will be as follows:
1st – £40. 2nd – £30. 3rd £15 and will be awarded at the end of the Series on the 23rd August.
The ‘Overall Winner’ of the League will receive an engraved Trophy (min height 150mm), presented at the C&CCC Christmas Award Presentation evening with their Picture on the Clubs web site.
- There will be 5 points based divisions: A, B, C, D and E.
- Competitors will be placed in a division based on their 10 mile personal best times from last season on the C&CCC course UC706, as shown on the 10 mile Scratch League result page. (link to be provided)
Division A is for competitors faster than 23 minutes
Division B is for competitors faster than 24 minutes 30 seconds
Division C is for competitors faster than 26 minutes
Division D is for competitors faster than 28 minutes 30 seconds
Division E is for all other competitors
- Any competitor without a PB from the last season will be given an assumed PB based on the judgment of the TT Captain from their first results on either the U706 or the U715, raced during the 2018 season.
- Division assignments will be reviewed after Five races to ensure the competitors are in the most appropriate division to ensure fair competition.
- A competitor may be moved to a different division at any time during the season if, for example, they switch from a road bike to TT bike resulting in a step change in times. The competitor must however, notify the TT Captain or his elected representative before the competition.
- Points in each event will be scored as 10 for fastest competitor in each division, then 9 for second, 8 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, 6 for 5th, 5 for 6th, 4 for 7th, 3 for 8th, 2 for 9th and 1 for 10th.
- Competitors will stay in the same division for the duration of the season (unless item 7 above applies) even if they record a time faster than the division qualifying times.
- Each competitors 10 best performances count towards the divisions points, where ‘best’ means most points scored and they must have helped at One event (if there is a situation where there are too many helpers for events available, then the TT Captain will record the competitors name and that they have been willing to help at an event) in either the TT races or the Hill climb events.
- For the four hill climbs the top 10 finishers are assigned points for 10 to 1. The winner of the Hill climb league will be the competitor with the highest total points from their TWO best events. The Winner will need to be a C&CCC Member and will be awarded an engraved Trophy (minimum height 150 mm) at the C&CCC Christmas Award Presentation evening along with a picture of them on the clubs website.
Under 18 Riders
All U18 riders must submit a parental consent form which will cover all events for that season – ConsentFormClub.
The minimum age for participation is 14.
You must wear a hardshell helmet with an Internationally accepted safety standard.
General Rules (Text from sign on sheet)
The event is being run for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations as shown in the current Handbook and on their website. Competitors declaration:
– I am conversant with such Rules and Regulations and undertake to abide by them and to participate in the Drug Testing Programme whenever required to do so.
– I am at present not under suspension by Cycling Time Trials or any organisation with which Cycling Time Trials has an agreement.
– I accept the decision of the promoter in all the matters concerning the event and my participation in it subject to such rights of appeal or review as may be provided for in the Rules and Regulations of Cycling Time Trials.
– I understand that the event is held wholly or in part on public or private property or the public highway. That I participate therein at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the property owner or anyone devolving an interest in the property there under, the promoting club, its officers, officials, helpers in the conduct of the event, Cycling Time Trials or any club affiliated thereto or any member of such club or any injury loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event howsoever such may be caused and whether by negligence or otherwise.
– I confirm that I will observe the particular rules and conditions of this event of which I have been informed.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE START SHEET AND/OR DISPLAYED AT THE SIGNING-ON POINT. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT CYCLING TIME TRIALS RECOMMENDS THAT I WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD.
U-Turns MUST NOT not be made within sight of the Timekeeper and prohibited on the A46 while going to the start line.